This hub comes from my personal experience. I am a Scorpio man and I have always been wondering “how is a normal Scorpio man in love and when it comes to expressing love to someone”? Most of us know the general characteristics of a Scorpio man when he is in love. Some of these traits are possessiveness, jealousy and controlling behavior. However, I am not sure if “shy” is one of the traits. Here are some of my experiences as a Scorpio guy.
But first, a general introduction of a Scorpio guy through the eyes of a Scorpio.
The Scorpio guy is not your average Joe. He is silent outside, but has a very vast and deep ocean of emotions inside. If you see a guy at a party sitting in the corner observing everything without talking, he probably is your Scorpio man. Not that he is antisocial; he just likes his privacy even in a social setting like a party. At the same time, you may even find a Scorpio guy to be very social (I am one of them). If you really want to spot a Scorpio guy, talk to a guy about anything occult and wait for his reaction. You will immediately know whether he is a Scorpio or not. Most of the Scorpios I have met have strong beliefs (positive or negative) and are passionate at expressing them.
In fact, a Scorpio male has at least some basic knowledge and has strong feelings about most of the subjects under the sun. Another way to identify a Scorpio is to look deep into his eyes. As the cliché goes, most probably you will feel like you are being stripped naked by him. Else, chances are that you may even get extremely attracted to him. Being a Scorpio myself, I have got both of these from my friends, the girls I have dated and my female colleagues.
For more details a Scorpio male’s personality, you can read my other hub
Scorpio man in love
There are various contentions here about how a Scorpio guy behaves when he is in love. One thing to know for sure is that he may be flirting with you, but he may not have any feelings for you. I, for one, openly flirt with many girls, but I make it quite clear to them that it doesn’t mean anything other than we are good friends. It is said that Scorpio guys do not fall in love easily, unless the girl has some mystery around her. I can definitely vouch for that. I haven’t fallen for a girl till now if she has not got an aura of either feminineness or power, and mystery around her. But what happens if he falls in love? How does he behave then?
Again from my personal experience, once the guy falls for a girl, there is no returning. He falls for her and he falls hard. The first thing I noticed is that he starts going out of his way to do things for her. Now, this may be a general characteristic of most of the male species in the animal kingdom in order to attract the female. However, the second thing is not done by most of them. Once he is in love, he starts becoming possessive about her.
He slowly starts weaving his net around her like a spider. If he sees that the game is a bit more challenging than he thought, he may even start becoming manipulative in order to make sure that she belongs to him. The bottom-line is that he can go to any extent to make sure she belongs to him and stays his forever.
How does he express love?
Now, the biggest question is this. How does he express love to the woman he likes? Frankly speaking, this is the toughest question for me as I still do not have one single answer for this. Why is it so? I am not sure if it is just me or it is the normal case with most Scorpio men. I am kind of shy and though I have dated many girls in my life, I have expressed love only to a couple of them. It was not because I didn’t like some of the others. It was just because I was probably either too shy in expressing it or a bit too slow.
I am sure that many Scorpio men fall into two categories when expressing love. One kind finds it too hard to express their love and the second kind just goes for it. I fall into the first category. Frankly speaking, I don’t know why. One reason maybe that, Scorpios don’t like losing anything. Call them selfish, but if they like something, they start thinking that it belongs to them. This however, should not be taken in a negative way. It is simply that he knows what kind of woman he wants and when he finds one, he cannot afford to lose her.
Another thing is that for Scorpios, most things in their life are games and battles they should win at any cost. They just cannot afford to lose. It may be said that, if the girl says no, it is a defeat for the Scorpio ego, which is difficult to handle. Remember, I told you that a Scorpio man does not fall in love easily?
Things you may notice about your Scorpio guy
I keep getting queries everyday from people who are with a Scorpio and confused about his behavior, such as “my Scorpio guy appears hot and cold on and off” or “he just stopped talking to me for two weeks”. I thought that it would be good to mention some of the traits you may normally encounter if you are in relationship or considering a relationship with a Scorpio.
1) A Scorpio guy can have frequent mood swings. This is not necessarily because he has PMS issues or anything else. It is just that he keeps thinking about 10 different things at one moment. And he needs to focus on all. He feels that he is always in the eye of the storm. That is one reason why he may be all around you at a moment, and the next moment, he may be completely off. Even while talking to you, he may be thinking of something he needs to handle. A Scorpio’s mind never rests.
2) Whatever said and done, a Scorpio in general, needs to focus on one thing at a time. For him, difficulties are problems to be solved with undivided focus. That may be one reason he may not prefer to talk to you for some time (because he is trying to solve something with extreme focus). Don’t always take his silence as “he is upset with me”.
3) A Scorpio is not a person who rushes into a “true relationship”. You two may hit it off immediately, but it takes effort and diligence to prove yourself as his soul-mate. The only reason he may commit adultery is because he thinks that you are not the right one.
4) Scorpio men come with a special tag called “Handle with care”. He has a tough shell on the outside, but he is extremely sensitive inside. You never know what may trigger off his bad mood. So, be extremely careful when you talk to him, especially if you are having a heated conversation.
5) Never ever play games with Scorpio men. I am not discouraging you from playing the initial courtship games. But never take it too far with him. He has little patience for games. If you have given him a word, stick to it. Scorpio men seldom trust anyone, and not keeping your word is the easiest way to lose his trust. Also, a Scorpio man is a master of mind games and manipulation. If you hurt him deeply, he may make “destroying you” or “teaching a lesson” the sole purpose of his life. There are very few Scorpios who have evolved beyond a point of vengeance.
6) He is dominating and possessive in a relationship. Though he is dominating, never be too submissive with him. Learn to hold your ground. He respects a woman who can hold her ground and does not give in easily.
7) If a person is stalking you, he most probably has a Scorpio element somewhere in his birth chart.
8) His behavior may sometimes seem “weird”. It is just that he has something in mind which he is not talking about, but is doing it. It is extremely difficult to understand what goes on inside a Scorpio’s brain.
These are some things a person may notice about a Scorpio male in love, from my personal experience. Do let me know what other Scorpios or someone who has an experience with a Scorpio male thinks about this.
All Scorpios are not the same. There are different levels to which a Scorpio has evolved. To get a clearer picture of what may be the level of evolution of your Scorpio guy, check out my hub on totems of a Scorpio.